This is why sanitising baby clothes should be more than mere washing with detergent. Here are a few tips to guide you:
Tips for Sanitising Baby Clothes
- Read the garment care instruction tagged to the clothes before washing.
- Ensure you wash and sanitise your baby’s clothes before first use.
- Use mild products that are formulated for sensitive skin to avoid irritation of your child’s skin.
- It’s better to wash stained items as soon as possible, the earlier stained are treated, the easier it will be to remove.
- Wash clothes in separate categories. For example, clothes contaminated by pee, poop or vomit should be washed separately from less dirty items.
- With exception to the garment that comes with specific laundry instructions, washing baby clothes with hot water can help kill germs.
- Washed clothes should not be left damp, but be dried in the sun and in the open air as soon as possible to avoid germs multiplying.
Dip clothes in a bucket of water containing liquid disinfectant before washing with detergent. This will kill the bacteria.