However, it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. We’ve put together a list of helpful tips to help you stay relevant at each stage of your kids’ growth.
Parenting Tips for Every Level of Your Kids Growth
At infancy, your child is at a stage where your close attention is required. While your little one is full of life and is curious about the world around, your supervision is important to keep harm away.
- Your infant is growing fast, be sure to enjoy this stage in your kids growth
- Be ready to sacrifice to nurture your infant properly
- Work-life balance is highly necessary
- Stay healthy, you need to be fit to attend to the needs of your infant
Handling Toddlers and Preschoolers
At age 1-5, your child can move without your help and his/her curiosity is unmatched. This is amazing, but it means he/she is likely to come across more dangers that’s why you need to keep a close eye on your toddler or preschooler.
- Be safety and hygiene conscious
- Ensure your house is childproof by eliminating potentially dangerous objects.
- Build a healthy relationship with your child by being a part of his learning and leisure activities
- Adopt effective disciplinary methods
Caring For School-Age Children
At age 6 to 12 years, your child is building her independence, sense of responsibility, peer relationships and eventually puberty. At this stage in kids growth, what your child needs is your love, assurance and counsel.
- Make time for talking with your rapidly growing child
- Be affectionate towards your child and exercise a lot of patience
- Do not hold back on discipline
- Engage your child in chores around the house